Thursday, June 4, 2009

Smitten Kitchen

I'm trying to become a more marketable housewife (along with Claire). This includes me learning how to embroider and how to cook. I think in order to be a domestic goddess, I will also have to come to terms with the fact that my future husband will inevitably cheat on me with his busty secretary and that I must keep hush about it for the kids. But that's another lesson for another time.
Not long ago, I came upon this Smitten Kitchen site. I'm a sucker for food photography and this sated my needs. I soon decided that, hey, I'm a smart cookie, I ought to be able to make some of this fancy stuff.


So I began my journey today where I made Deb's (crazy simple) German pancakes. They are finishing up in the oven as I type. All bubbly and golden brown, they'll be delicious with some Southern peaches I bought yesterday.
Also on my list to make: Brown Sugar Brown Butter Shorties and Bittersweet Chocolate and Pear Cake.

Update: Delicious.

Cue someone (Brigid) commenting on how awesome of a cook they supposedly are.

1 comment:

  1. i'm not saying anything. i've been eating fried eggs and licorice.

    i would rec "moosewood kitchen" by mollie katzen. easy and crowd pleasing, huge variety of recipes and boooonus! vegetarian. also, "eat drink live" by fran warde has hands down the best food photography evarrrr.

    okay, back to eating red vines and watching big love.

    ReplyDelete