Sunday, April 5, 2009

Schwinntonation

With a name like "Schwinntonation" can you really go wrong at all?
Schwinntonation could be some kind of bike gang of white boys that releases bad rap mixtapes, and with a name like that, I'd still probably defend them to people.

Even better, though, is that Schwinntonation is actually awesome. I've been describing the sound as "ambient sound experimentation made using bikes," but that sounds ridiculous and pretentious, so let's see what the Schwinntonation MySpace has to say.

"The project that is Schwinntonation takes the various sounds that bicycles can make and turns it into music."

Does that sound like something that could be bad? Does this look like something that could be bad?


I don't think so and neither should you.

These dudes are from Chicago, and I think they're going to be at the Bicycle Film Festival in Minneapolis the summer, so hopefully I'll be able to head up to that with Brenna&co. in a few months.

They released their album for free, so I'm going to share it with you in it's entirety, guilt-free.

No comments:

Post a Comment